Bring the Power to You
Based on the strategy of locating decentralized power plants in close proximity to power users, distributed generation systems are becoming an increasingly popular power option.
Whether supplying peaking power to a single large customer or adding power to a regional transmission system to shore up local power delivery weaknesses, Cummins Power Generation provides distributed generation systems that help utilities defer expensive transmission upgrades and save larger customers money by reducing their peak-time power costs.
Maximum Power System Reliability
Unlike other power system providers, Cummins manufactures and assembles all of the key components of its power systems, offering the highest degree of design and performance control in the industry. For distributed generation applications, this level of assurance translates to a measure of reliability and fail-safe performance that is unparalleled. This also means that specifiers and owners have only one point of contact for their entire power system, saving time and simplifying integration and support
Here’s how specifiers of distributed generation systems can benefit from the ease of doing business with Cummins:
- 24/7 service from factory-trained technicians
- Prompt availability of parts
- Expert help with system design, application engineering, installation and commissioning
- One company to call for all your service and support needs
For information on power systems for your distributed generation needs, contact your nearest Cummins Power Generation distributor.
For more information please provide a brief overview of your needs to our Power Solutions group.
Peaking Power Literature:
These brochures are in PDF () format; to view them, you will need Adobe Reader® software.
- Lean-Burn Gas Fueled Generator Sets (2040kb)
- Conjuntos de geradores a gás de combustão Lean-Burn (1.8MB, Portuguese - European)
- Grupos geradores a gás Lean-Burn (1.8MB, Portuguese - Latin American)
- Grupos electrógenos de mezcla pobre (1.8MB, Español)
- Groupes électrogènes à gaz à mélange pauvre (81kB, François)
- Газопоршневые электрогенераторы на обедненной газовой смеси (1,785kB, русский)
- 稀薄燃烧气体燃料发电机组 (892kB, Mandarin)
- Genset alimentati a gas a miscela magra (1.7MB, Italian)
- Gasgestookte generatorsets op arme mengsels (1.78MB, Dutch)
- Gasbetriebene Magergemisch-Gensets (1.8MB, German)
- Gas Project Application Capabilities (2.2MB)
- 天然气项目应用程序功能 (2.0MB - Mandarin)
- Проекты с использованием газопоршневых установок Возможности использования (2.3MB - русский)
- Experts in gasprojecten (2.3MB - Dutch)
- Soluzioni applicative Impianti a gas (2.3MB - Italian)
- Unsere Kompetenz für Ihr Gas-Energieprojekt (2.3MB - German)
- Proyecto de gas Capacidades de aplicación (2.3MB - Español)
- Projeto a Gás Capacidades da Aplicação (2.3MB - Portuguese - Latin American)
- Peaking Power (1.48MB)
- Energia na Ponta (1.67MB Portuguese - Latin American)
These case histories are in PDF () format; to view them, you will need Adobe Reader® software.
- Angaston Power Station – Australia (202kb)
Cummins Power Generation provides a low emissions, sound-attenuated turnkey solution to help support the Australian power grid during times of high peak demand or power emergencies.
- Emergency Energy Solutions – Brazil (200kb)
Cummins Power Generation provided a total energy solution augmenting hydroelectric power with more than 113 MW of peaking power for Brazil’s power grid from a total of more than 77 clean, efficient diesel generating units and three lean–burn natural gas generators. Cummins Power Generation’s solution included not only the equipment, but project management and financing to deliver the project on time.
- Hydro Sherbrooke – Canada (200kb)
Cummins Power Generation helps Quebec’s Hydro Sherbrooke revitalize the utility’s peak-shaving program for its customers with a closed-transition transfer switch that automates power transfers without manual intervention or disruptions.
- Port of Pecém – Brazil (191kb)
In order to help power the electrical infrastructure required to operate, the Port of Pecém relies on an on–site power system from Cummins Power Generation for both peaking and standby power.
- Super Frango – Brazil (1.02mb)
Brazil has one of the world�s most modern and efficient poultry industries.
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) – United States (222kb)
A 20 MW peaking plant of 11 diesel generator sets from Cummins Power Generation helps giant Tennessee Valley Authority meet its peak demand during the hot summer months. The plant is also capable of providing emergency backup power for up to 40% of McMinnville’s total load.
- World Trade Center – Brazil (518kb)
The World Trade Center in São Paulo generates reliable power with a system from Cummins Power Generation that saves money on energy costs during peak demand periods and frequent utility outages.
These technical papers are in PDF () format; to view them, you will need Adobe Reader® software.